http://www.makepovertyhistory.org

Basketball stories

I just got home from playing ball. I just love this sport. I'm not too good at it, but I guess my enthusiasm and spitfirish competitive spirit more than makes up for what I lack skill-wise.

I'm currently on a team that's playing in the Gillette Metropolitan Basketball League Vector Cup. I mean, it's not the PBA or something, but it's definitely filled with every basketball fanatic whose not a baller with skills mad enough to be making a living out of basketball. Competition is good, and the league is organized, so I'm happy I'm playing in it and getting playing time. There are 17 guys in our lineup, so I'm happy getting 15-20 minutes a game in a forty-minute game. They turn to me to help bring the ball up, and to get myself open on the break, or find a spot on the perimeter and shoot threes.

I'm playing with great guys, so it's been fun. Even better, we're still unbeaten (2-0) in the 2-week old tournament. We have 3 or 4 games to go before the end of the eliminations, so I hope we at least finish in the top two so we can keep playing.

More info on the league found on this site.

More stories later on... hopefully.
« Home | Next »

» Post a Comment