http://www.makepovertyhistory.org

Friday is Rants/Rave day

Okay... I've decided to set aside one day per week, Friday, to talk about personal stuff. Well, not REALLY personal stuff, but stuff that has been tugging at my innards or compel me to slap myself. Just small stuff, really.

I guess this would be an example --

'Dear Diary,

While I was walking to work today and was ready to cross the street with a bunch of other pedestrians, I noticed that in between the gaps of cars that were rushing to cross the intersection, people were darting here and there, crossing the streets with abandon, when the DON'T WALK sign was still blazingly on. And when the sign finally changed to WALK, there were only three of us law-abiding citizens left, looking at each other, surprised that not one of those jaywalkers had been turned to roadkill by the most maniacal drivers in this side of the world.

I said to myself, 'This country isn't going anywhere.'
It really tugged at my innards, compelling me to slap myself.

Till next time,
Don'

Now how's that for an example. Anyway, life is not all about the bad things. Don't sweat the small stuff, I always say (and my annoying conscience whispers back, 'but it's the little things that make you whole,' Tsk. Sad but true.) There's the really good stuff too. I'm also going to write about something good that happened during the week. At least I won't depress whoever's reading this. I don't want to read headlines like 'Woman jumps from 36th floor after reading blog,' Brrrr. Anyway, as I was saying, I'd like to end each Friday entry on a good note. At least, it makes me feel good going into the weekend (hopefully you'll hear about that story next friday).

Alrighty then! On to the next entry!
« Home | Next »