http://www.makepovertyhistory.org

This Last Week of August

I just realized a very important fact -- It's hardest to wake up on Mondays.

Oh well. I got over that one quick when I realized that I had to come in early for training. Scratching my head and smacking my lips, I looked at the clock to see what time I had to get to work and how much time I had left, and realized I was two hours late. Ah yes.

I fixed up quicker than usual, wearing my favorite blue long-sleeved shirt that Caren gave me, and the usual black pants. Monday is business attire day. I contemplated wearing a tie, then decided to just be loose today -- no tie. Black shoes, still looking a bit shiny, they should work. I packed my newly bought orange mouse into my backpack, and I was done. The corporate working man ready for battle.

Image hosted by Photobucket.comI want to talk about my new mouse. It's a thing of beauty. Encased in clear plastic with the scroll wheel glowing blue. Though I kinda don't like the way that tiny red lightbulbs light up whenever I move the mouse. It reminds me of those squeaky baby shoes that light up and squeak whenever the kid walks here or there. However, my mouse blinks when you don't hold it. It calls out to me. How cute is that?

---

I got to work, and I realized that this is my last week on the evening shift. Finally, at least 2 months of normal days and nights! It sucks though, that I'll be earning 30% less (what a difference Night Differential pay makes!). That means 30% less spending for 2 months. The horror! If I really think about it, it's bad timing. My birthday is in 2 months, and Caren's in less than 30 days. Again, the horror! Oh well, I guess I'll have to make do.

I worry about the people I leave behind in my old shift. They're good kids(actually, they're all older than me, except for one girl who's 22 and can kick my ass in Tae Kwon Do), but they're relatively new to the job. I, the proverbial mother hen, will be leaving them to fend for themselves. I am letting them loose. Good luck to the world. I hope they'll be okay and that the other seniors will watch out for them now and then. They're good kids.

And so begins my countdown. It is tuesday today. 3 more days. One last week, and I'll be waking up to the sun again.
« Home | Next »

Comment by Blogger TheWriter 6:35 PM

Don, unsay brand anang imong optical mouse?    



Comment by Blogger Don Manganar 3:00 AM

kilid-kilid lang... cd-r king. wehehehe :D 240 cheap pesos. :)    



Comment by Anonymous Anonymous 5:10 AM

baratoha gud :D

pero medyo ga samukan ko sa ana semitransparent na mouse..

ang mouse nako kay murag hinatag.. in the sense na ang tagiya nag larga na sa states :D

mag change change cya color every moment or so.. from one end of the color wheel to the other side of the spectrum..

maygani lagi medyo black/blue ang mouse, pero when working in a dark/dim room, sakit kaayo sa mata..
:(

actually, ang company na mga issued na mouse raman mi gahulam sa una.. "hulam" with the rabbits(quotes), kay sa lab machines man to sila, and since walay pa man gagamit sa test machines, gihulam sa namo... since wala man issue mouse with the laptop.. pcs raman ang naay mouse na issue..

but then, naa man gud to nagpauso about inventory policies.. "okay! let's start returning those borrowed peripherals", In the end. cya nalang isa ang walay mouse na personal, kami tanan naka come up na with our own non-company issued mouse devices
Talk about doing-the-thing-ur-preaching..

sigh.

maski sa mouse. naay corporate play.    



» Post a Comment