http://www.makepovertyhistory.org

Down with the sickness

My throat hurts. My body aches in parts. My nose is doing it's best impression of that reindeer's who's usually popular during Christmas season. On top of that, this cold has got me snuffling like a drug addict. It's driving me nuts.

I hate being sick. I had to drink 2 nibs of Advil and those knockout pills that're supposed to relieve you of sore throat and phlegm, instead they made me sleep for 11 hours, and more importantly, made me miss my Sunday basketball workout. The f--! I always look forward to basketball, but this time my body said no. It sure has a funny way of telling us that we need rest or that we're overexerting just a little bit. I mean, there shoul be an alarm that beeps if you've been working too hard, or staying up too late, or have had too much potato chips and ice cream. Everyday on TV, I see that ad for multivitamins, catchy slogan and all - If that were a real law, everybody'd be in jail, and I'd be an ex-convict 9 times over. The cons of having a work schedule with rotating shifts has done me in. I've worked nights for too long that I've screwed my body clock over.

I have to admit, however, that I guess I've overused this magnificent specimen of a body (after my friends read this, they'll all be laughing till they die).Sleep about 6 hours on the average, delayed eating shcedules, sports, inclement weather, the works. Problem is, I never usually listen. I like going all out, no matter how tired or sleepy or lazy I am, I try to go and take the opportunities the day presents. Carpe Diem on steriods. All the time in the world, and we sleep 8-10 hours away a day.

Gosh golly darn. I really am sick. In the head. I've got to stop torturing myself, get myself some rest, get healthy. Else I might get something worse than a cold. I love my magnificent specimen of a body(Hahahaha! Even I can't help but laugh at this. What a joke.), I gotta start treating it right. And if I think about it, my getting sick is really the bell alarm that I was ranting about earlier. It's the warning to correct a potentially dangerous situation.

Heck, I have a doctor for a cousin! You'd better check me up Gio. Make me better, and I'll redesign your blog as payment. Or give you guitar lessons, or tour you around Manila, or, or, or...
« Home | Next »

Comment by Blogger supergio 12:35 PM

diagnosis: obsessive compulsive AND Narcissitic
prognois: terminal
therapeutics: sleep. does a body good. and not masturbating for a while actually helps.

hehehe.

"tosha tosha" means thank you in chinese. not so sure if its mandarin or fokien though. but it does mean thank you.    



Comment by Blogger supergio 12:36 PM

oi tuod. moanha ko diha sometime. mag dala ko ug yum yum. hulatan lang nako mohinog. :)    



Comment by Blogger Unknown 1:08 PM

hehehe. vastus na doc...    



Comment by Blogger audienceone 2:01 PM

"tosha" (not the exact transliteration) - kausa lang, dili na kinahanglan kaduhaon. ;)    



Comment by Blogger supergio 9:25 AM

oh sorry. i saw it in a zhang ziyi movie eh. i guess i was paying attention to the right thing at the wrong time or the wrong thing at the right time. :)    



» Post a Comment