http://www.makepovertyhistory.org

I don't want to be famous...but not quite.

I decided to take down my picture from the sidebar, and replace it with a long, useless rant that I wouldn't really allow myself to post on Friendster (too a-cry-for-help type of thing, I think). So there, if people want a picture, there's Friendster. I would rather have people want to visit my blog because they're wondering what I'm going to write next, rather than come here to look at my picture (which, by the way, is a very conceited comment from me. Please ignore it.).

Not only have I removed my picture, I've also removed my name and address. Wouldn't you find it weird if people came knocking at your door because you wrote some blog you started as a de-stressing tool? (Again, another conceited comment. I'm on a roll.)

I don't want to be famous... but that's not quite true. Everyone surely has his or her own illusions of grandeur. I want to be a rockstar, but not quite. Why? I like a quiet life, away from attention, the way it was in high school. I just stood in the background, and I blended with the walls. I could've hidden behind a potted plant and no one would notice. Sure I had friends, but I got comfortable only with a few. No one could really figure me out. Our high school yearbook staff came up with this gimmick where someone in your class would write about you, and it would come out in the yearbook with your picture on it. Mine came with a lot of blank words ("Uhm, er, uh, hmmm... yeah. He's a nice guy. There's not much I can really say about him. He fits in, doesn't stand out. Good kid. Yadda yadda."). With no ill will intended to whoever wrote it, I always find it funny.

Again, I'm not sure where I'm going with this, so I'll finish this off. With all my grand plans of affecting planetary trajectory and contributing to the daily content (*cough* garbage) circulating on the Internet, I still want to maintain some degree of simplicity and privacy to a very hectic and turmoiled life (self-loathing mode). I mean a very happy and satisfied one. I'm one happy customer. Really.
« Home | Next »

Comment by Blogger Unknown 10:18 AM

really, you wanna be a rockstar? how about joining a start-up rock band? can you sing, play an instrument? how about forming that band? i play bass, i've a friend who's actually a bandmate who plays lead guitar. how about that?    



Comment by Blogger supergio 10:40 AM

dude, ur paranoid... calm down. :)
if hot hunter chicks come looking for you, direct them to me. thank you.    



Comment by Blogger Don Manganar 10:43 AM

I'm paranoid? So are you. HAHAHA.
I'll direct the hunter chicks to you after I give them, er, specific directions.    



» Post a Comment