http://www.makepovertyhistory.org

My "Yayay" Story

While reading Gio's story about breaking his arm, I remembered my body was hurting too, though several levels less serious than what he has. I have a strained right calf muscle and a bruised shin that hurt real bad during the nights or when it gets real cold at work. I got both injuries on separate games of basketball a day apart. Tough luck. Though these days they don't hurt as much (except that the strained calf has lead to cramps that are just the painful fuckers that they are. They make me feel like a pregnant woman.)

I'm just amazed though how he can talk about it in such a toned-down manner, like he just stubbed his toe into the corner of the couch instead of having his wrist broken.

The girl problems must be more painful, right Gi? Broken heart takes the prize. I'd better hook you up, man. You worry me.

======================================

In light of all the health consciousness drives going on out there, I can't help but re-evaluate how I've been treating myself lately:

I take vitamins. I eat right, though it's really hard to keep up the 3-times-a-day routine with the work I'm in and the hours I keep, but I try. I'm also cutting back on the carbs. Down to 1 cup of rice per meal. I'm sleeping right, I guess. 6-7 hours on the average. 8 hours is a luxury. I'll sleep when I'm dead. Carpe Diem and all that crap.

I drink a little and go out once or twice a week. 10 beers through both, more or less. Less than 10 shots of whatever the bartender thinks he can put together. The party animal in me has mellowed down significantly, though I take the opportunity to spend time with friends (especially those I don't see often) when possible.

I don't smoke, No.

Physical activities? Basketball at least every Sunday. At least twice a week in the gym. Badminton during Saturdays. And any other sport my friends can come up with. Think Tazmanian Devil who has too much pent-up energy (or so I think.)

During the weekends I see my girlfriend, eat, sleep, watch DVDs, play video games. I play the guitar. I read books. See? It doesn't sound like a dangerously unhealthy lifestyle. I've even gotten fatter during the last 2 months. 20 pounds at the least, and I'm working hard to turn all that fat into toned muscles. Yeah baby. *Baywatch theme playing in the background*

But in spite of all the seemingly normal things that I do, I still feel unhealthy. Too much time in front of the computer perhaps? Too much time sitting down? Do I eat too little quantities of fish? I don't know. Maybe it's time to see a shrink. I don't want something to snap inside of me and turn me into someone health nut. I happen to be comfortable with my lifestyle. And if I die living it, then I guess I was wrong.
« Home | Next »

Comment by Blogger supergio 11:35 PM

u know wat a pregnant woman feels like?

whoah... you have powers.

by the way, if you're setting me up, criteria includes height of 5'7 up. hehehe    



Comment by Blogger Display Nameā„¢ 6:46 AM

halu! wla lang. im bored.
how's ur new electric guitar? cant wait to see it!!! as usual, late napud si demar on a monday! grrrrrrr!!!    



Comment by Anonymous Anonymous 2:52 AM

Looking for information and found it at this great site... Currency explained.info forex forex trading training Remove a henna hair color free effective pop up blocker Firefox pop up blocker mozilla download    



Comment by Anonymous Anonymous 8:18 AM

Very nice site! Colwich web design Floribunda roses Akg k66 headphones    



» Post a Comment