http://www.makepovertyhistory.org

Cue-what???

While I was sitting down in front of my PC listening to the new Itchyworms album (which is lukewarm in some spots, btw) at the same time trying to think of anything interesting to write about on here, Nat2x tapped me on the shoulder and pointed to the music video on TV.

It was Cueshe.

Thank God for the power of logic and common sense, else I would have strangled Nat2x that instant, because I realized he was messing with me almost too late.

So as a warning of sorts, please please PLEASE do not ever mention this band's name ever again. Have mercy on the human race, or more t the immediate people within my arm's reach.

I guess I've made it obvious enough that I f-u-c-k-i-n-g HATE this band. And if you are a real music fan, you would not need an explanation why. Actually, this already borders beyond hate. This is unhealthy. This is unnecessary. This is stupid.

Though I realize all this is true, my sense still overload everytime I hear their songs or their names mentioned. They who steal songs and rip off other famous and RECENT artists. They who epitomize the biggest reason behind the sad state of this country, driven deeper into this anarchic shithole because of corruption. They who... they who... okay, that's enough. I've ranted more than they deserve. I'm accusing too blatantly and making you uncomfortable, aren't I?

One of the reasons why I love music is that each song and melody identifies a unique personality, state of mind, emotion, or thought. A musician taps into any of these areas to come up with a combination of notes to convey how he feels. Music is personal, and when shared, is a different experience to each person who hears, and is thus reaches out to the person listening and becomes his own personal experience. Thus we appreciate our musical artists, because they amplify our feelings and stir our thought.

But when one copies another's work for mass-production, he is showing the highest form of disrespect to the original composer, but also slapping the consumer on the face and calling him stupid.

I write songs myself, and the reason a majority of the songs I write I do not go ahead and publish or complete is because they sound like many of the songs I have heard. Perhaps out of a 100, I barely completely finish 10 songs. I find it more gratifying to finish a song fueled by hard work and inspiration.

Are there not enough melodies in the world? Who knows, 100 years from now we'd be at packed arenas listening to some guy blow air through a straw, and we'd be screaming our lungs out and women would have his babies because of his musical talent. Who knows if traffic hustle and bustle becomes the most requested tunes on the radio. Who's gonna get us to enjoy that stuff we consider garbage now? The innovators. The ones who start a new movement. The ones who pursue their Personal Legends. Bands like Pedicab, who have started the Dance Funk alternative, otherwise known as Dunk. Those who play music for the love of it. Not for the fame and fortune that success might bring.

I hope I don't get sued for this.
« Home | Next »

Comment by Blogger Unknown 9:13 PM

oh i'll make sure you'd get sued for making this rant...:0) just kiddin don. so, when can we hear an original song from your own band? i can hardly wait.    



Comment by Blogger supergio 9:24 PM

cueshe! cueshe! cueshe!


rhymes with....

you know why i know ur gay?    



Comment by Blogger microvault 9:09 PM

i guess this means we wont be singing one of their songs... bwekkekekekkek

hoist! december ha!? jam ta! :)    



Comment by Blogger Display Nameā„¢ 9:18 PM

i love cueshe! lol!    



Comment by Anonymous Anonymous 6:45 PM

damn...gio & rona beat me to it...

owell..

CUESHE!!!! pronounced as kwe-shi!    



Comment by Blogger bleepster 10:19 AM

i remember riclags posting about cueshite... it was the exact opposite of what you wrote here. =)    



» Post a Comment