http://www.makepovertyhistory.org

Many Thanks

I just wanted so say thank you to all people who remembered me on my birthday, and also those who remembered me just now, and for those who will remember me tomorrow or a few days from now, there's still hope for you. I'm still currently accepting gifts till before Christmas. Late compliments and greetings will still be noted and replied with the obligatory thank you. =)

Seriously, I am in such a thankful mood. I had a genuinely happy birthday, and I was especially happy receiving all the notes and messages from my friends and family and co-workers. I have not felt this kind of gratitude flowing through me, and it strangely reminds me of Martin Lawrence in Bad Boys 2, in the scene where he had ingested X. I am seriously loving everybody right now. Including the ugly fish with the big eyes.

Maybe a sign of old age? Am I becoming a bit too nostalgic and soft? I seriously hope not. I am arguably still an 18-year-old trapped in a 19-year-old's body (you know I'm lying), still with a penchant for mischief and goofiness and the occasional bouts of stupidity due to overexposure to the Playstation and Naruto and bags of Ruffles Cheddar & Sour Cream.

I hate it everytime I go into a contemplatory mood everytime my birthday comes around, or is this a built-in system in our heads where we think about all we've done in the past year, if I had led a life wasted playing video games or if there's still hope lingering in the horizon, and if I can finally get that promotion. Birthdays get me thinking if this will finally be my year. I start thinking of all the money I'm supposed to be saving, and if all the goals I have set for myself can finally be jumpstarted out of the burrows.

I am guessing this will be a very interesting year.

Still I have a lot to be thankful for. I have had too many blessings worthy of a man. I am surrounded by good people, and despite my misgivings and my blatant selfishness and immaturity, they stubbornly stand by me. I guess that's why we call each other friends. :) You all know who you are. Thank you.


Don
« Home | Next »