http://www.makepovertyhistory.org

Thriller Night

I and a few of my officemates accompanied my expat friend James to Embassy at the Fort last saturday, me going more so to satisfy my curiosity as to why this place was popular. Embassy was a club. Call me old, but I would rather sit down at my favorite Bistro (more on this later) and listen to music or talk with friends, than dance the night away, which is, ironically, what we did at Embassy. Ah, the mystery of the human psyche.

I must admit I enjoyed it there. I was literally rubbing elbows with the rich and famous, with the bold and beautiful, and also, with those that TRY to fit the profile of the rich, famous, bold, and beautiful.

What made the night doubly enjoyable was that it was a full-blown costume party. Though we weren't in costumes, we still got in because we paid a requisite hundred bucks to have our face painted. I had never been to one before Saturday night, and I was really, really impressed. These weren't just cheap costumes, too. They were creative, expensive. I saw Jin Kazama, I saw a polar bear (and stuck my head in it's mouth and have a picture to prove it), I saw gangsters right out of the Godfather movie. I even saw Buzz Lightyear. I hope that guy won something for that.

The night actually got to being three times as enjoyable because of one thing: Tequila. Make it any kind of night, and tequila will save you. As long as they sell it cheap anyway. And if it's free, even better, which was how it was in our case. Boy oh boy.

I enjoyed the momentary thrill of that night. I haven't gone out and enjoyed like that in a while. I was too busy trying to chill, relax, act mature. I enjoyed the fast pace for once, and wouldn't mind trying it again once in a while.

At least, I got to scratch another thing off my list.

__________

Things to do before I die:
.
.
.
25,678. Visit Embassy.
25,679. Buy bling-bling.
25,680. Get an afro.
.
.
.
« Home | Next »

Comment by Blogger Display Nameā„¢ 12:21 AM

YOU AND THE POLAR BEAR:

http://ronarons.multiply.com/photos/photo/12/37.jpg

hahahah!! CLASSIC!!! =)    



Comment by Blogger vaN 10:15 PM

I think I saw Buzz Light Year in another blog.. hee. ^_^


funny pic with the polar bear... so ur name's Don ah!? :D    



Comment by Blogger bleepster 6:05 PM

jumangs! is that you?!? wow! that's porbably your most shitfaced photo that i've ever seen. ha!    



Comment by Blogger Don Manganar 10:18 PM

vaNINski: yes, my name is Don. Please don't tell anybody because it's a secret. I'm kidding, of course. :D Keep blogging!

bleepster: believe it or not, I was a sober man when that picture was taken. So it's either I need plastic surgery because I look shitfaced when sober, or the lack of lighting in that place did horrible things to my otherwise, er, photogenic features :D    



» Post a Comment