http://www.makepovertyhistory.org

Everything is a Test

Loyalty. Love. Friendship. Fidelity. Faith. Strength. Wits. Everything. Everything is a test. Being the geek that I am, will compare it to a totally cool RPG game where you earn experience points for every kill you make, every quest you complete, every level you conquer. It's as simple as that. Everything is. And those that do not learn anything from anything is nothing and barely human. The simple and naked truth.

Hahahahahaha. Okay I probably scared everyone off with the into by now after coming back and posting a blog entry after a VERRRY long layoff. I am sorry, and I say this to myself and everyone who mildly cares about reading the stuff I quip. The reason I started this blog was because I missed writing, and I missed self-expression. It was either writing songs or poems or this. This won out, while songwriting keeps trying to barge it's way back into the limelight.

So there it is. I just simply missed writing, and here I am suddenly typing very fast about nothing in particular.

So now I guess I owe this blog some content. Hmmm. What has happened since I last blogged? I've joined the Church choir and have attended an outreach program for special kids to further my cause in, er, spiritual fulfillment. "Attended" is the right word, because I just sat there eating Jolly Spaghetti all morning. Not that I hate kids. I LOVE kids. It's just that special kids need special handling, and despite my vast patience and awkward attempts of connecting, I more or less failed to reach any of them. But I enjoyed immensely, because throughout the whole program the Pinoy Big Brother theme song was played, so all the kids just danced. It was entertaining because they new the steps to eat. Special kids. They really are special. I couldn't help but give out the mandatory "Awwwwwwww" talk.

The company christmas party also happened without me blogging about it, so I will correct that mistake now, because I was famous at least for that night (and hopefully will hold out at least for the next few weeks) because of our Christmas presentation where we shot a music video, where we did a Pinoy Big Brother adaptation. Here's the thing -- I am a laid-back individual. And the limelight is something I avoid whenever possible (except when I'm playing with my band, where I am an entirely different person, which makes for an entirely different story). But I am a goofy guy and I like to make people laugh, though I never imagined what I did was fit for a camera and an audience of more than 500. See, the idea for our music video was supposed to depict how us Managed Services guys were serious about work and just as serious about fun. The video would show us doing our work and also taking time off at opportune times to drive stress away. The way we did it was pretty funny. The camera would work it's way around our department during the verses and then whoever the music caught at the song's chorus would stop working to get up and dance the Pinoy Big Brother dance. It was hilarious.

Now where did I fit in all that? Okay, now I'm proud of this because this was my idea -- There was a lavatory shot. (Uh-oh. Toilet humor? Hear me out.) There we were, 3 guys facing the wall doing our business (pretend of course, we didn't want the result to be too messy, if you know what I mean.) And then you know what happens at the chorus? We dance. And after seeing it, I immediately knew why I preferred singing. Not too imaginative sounding on paper or blog, but way WAY hilarious watching the end result on that screen. There were other pretty funny parts inserted in the movie, and apparently the judges agreed coz we won 2nd place (1st prize went to another video camera wielding group who ass-kissed their way to victory. I'm not bitter. Their video was also funny).

All in all, a pretty eventful party. Food was okay. I had 15 seconds of fame. And the jokes and catcalls were aplenty. Perfect night.

Now that I have kept this blog (and you, perceptive reader) up to speed, I am now once again free to completely ignore this blog and not write again for the next few weeks or so. Bwaahahahhahaha!

I'm kidding. More experiences on the way.
« Home | Next »

Comment by Blogger TheWriter 9:28 AM

Ahh... Pinoy Ako. I think I heard that song about 8 times last Saturday, Dec. 10, during our office Christmas party. And I sung it thrice, once during the party where I got lucky and picked as one of the seven contestants in the Pinoy Ako Sing and Dance raffle, once in the party after the party, and once at the M2 Karaoke in Ket Kai. Two of the group presentations also involved that song. Hehe... Pinoy Ako overload! Hmm... Mag-blog kaha ko ani... :)    



» Post a Comment