http://www.makepovertyhistory.org

Mang Jose: The Adventures Continue

I am back again in Gaithersburg, after having spent 11 days in Tampa Bay for some more work (while actually working only 5 of those days.). I had a bit of fun down in Florida, visiting Orlando on succeeding weekends, exploring Universal Studios and Sea World and Downtown Disney. It was a cheap trip, as me and my buddy Lem just skirted around the shops, restaurants, and other attractions outside the main theme parks. We just wanted to see how these places looked. There is a relative lack of amusement parks in the Philippines, well, a luxury we don't probably need.

We at least were able to get into Seaworld. Very nice place, nice collection of animals (the coolest, of course being, the sharks. Too bad there wasn't a Great White around.) And of course, Kraken, the parks other attraction (aside from Shamu). Pretty cool rollercoaster ride, the best I've been on, and I've only been on two. (Sorry Enchanted Kingdom Space Shuttle. I moved on to better things.)

The Florida experience was a nice little diversion from work. Living alone in a hotel room, out of a suitcase, takes a little bit more effort. It's hard living out of your comfort zone. It's hard knowing you're far from loved ones. But I can't discount the fact that I am here in the United States, with the oppurtunity to make a difference, and not everyone gets the chance that I've been given/ So I'm living this out, and I'm thankful for the oppurtunity.

The adventures aren't over yet. More pictures. More shtuff soon.
« Home | Next »

» Post a Comment