http://www.makepovertyhistory.org

After 10,000 years

...I finally moved in to my assigned cubicle! Actually, it was more like 3 weeks before my cube was finally made ready for human settlement. Before that I had been occupying an empty cube in the middle of a dozen others. In the wrong side of the office. Away from the people I was supposed to be working with. All because the Admin guys couldn't find a decent chair, and took too long installing the phone that I needed. Well, this afternoon after I came back from lunch, my phone was hooked up, and I stole somebody's chair from what was at first glance an empty cube. No absent-minded or distracted co-worker fell to the floor during the theft.

Now I have less than 2 weeks to enjoy my new office territory, or what Miki the secretary referred to as "settling in." (Thanks Miki for finally working up the courage, or satisfying your curiosity, whichever it was, and finally taking notice of a Filipino guy sticking out of that weird crowd, you finally got me moved. You may have saved my career.)

The only problem I have with my niche is that it's right by the door that leads outside to the inner balcony overlooking the lobby. So foot traffic is expectedly heavy all the time, people walk in and out every minute or so. My desk is against the cube wall opposite the door, so anybody stepping in and looking my way will no doubt see how much of a slacker I have been. I mean, I can't pretend to work all the time, can I? I am suddenly subjected to attentive passersby, some of whom are my bosses and can get rid of me like a booger. Looks like my office reading sessions of Highfiber and Sports Guy are to be shelved for now. It's gonna be all hard work from now on. I'm too lazy to pretend and too motivated to let it all go to waste.

But at least I got the cube.

On to other news, after another 10,000 years (or less than 2 weeks from now), I will be heading back home to Manila! Yippee! We are scheduled (on paper) to leave for home next weekend. Lem will be taking that route, I, on the other hand, will be on a plane to San Fransisco to visit my parents for a few days. All expenses paid, of course. By me. I'll be heading back to Manila on Monday, which I've been excited about ever since I left from there. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for travel and visiting places you've never been before. This just kinda overwhelmed me a bit. I find that good because I have finally gotten that first trip out of the country down, so the next few should be more enjoyable, and hopefully, NOT work-related.

I've heard that school is out now. Summer vacation. I wish we had that for work too. 2 months of doing nothing. Probably unrealistic and improbable, but I am young and still drag around high school and college baggage, er, memories, so I beg to dream about stuff like this once in a while. Have a happy summer vacation, young readers under 21. Don't smoke and drink moderately, be safe and responsible.

More news and senseless stories after a few thousand more years (2 or 3 days, more or less. I wish.)
« Home | Next »

Comment by Blogger yayam 9:59 AM

yep, summer na rito sa pinas. have a happy summer don. ;)    



Comment by Blogger TheWriter 3:41 PM

Jumangz, don't forget my pasalubong. Hehe... "How to Grow Novels" by Sol Stein. :)    



Comment by Blogger Display Nameā„¢ 4:03 PM

Have a happy summer vacation, young readers under 21. Don't smoke and drink moderately, be safe and responsible. --- yes. i know that. =) hahaha! =)

nway, who's leaving?    



Comment by Anonymous Anonymous 6:00 PM

I like your decision concerning design and programming both! Good fellows, so to hold ?!
- 4trackmind.blogspot.com u
07 car civic honda
buy used car
car undefined used
used car bergen
used car oakland
used car greensboro
used car raleigh
used car killeen
used car vallejo
used car tacoma    



» Post a Comment