http://www.makepovertyhistory.org

Big fat mess

Grass is the same everywhere. It's green, cows it eat, and turns brown during the summer. It's all the same. You know why I suddenly hate grass? Coz there's so much of it here. It makes me think of the Philippines, and it makes me feel homesick.

Now that I've got that out of the way...

Less than 3 weeks to go. This training thing isn't going as I'd hoped. More than a month of mostly doing the same things I can do in Manila. I think we are undertrained, if there ever is such a word. I don't know whose fault it is. It can't be the project leader's, she dropped off before we even got here because she had to go on maternal leave. Probably not our manager's, who just jumped at the idea to get me and Lem up here so they could tie us down with a metal ball and chain and we get to never leave GXS for as long as we live.

Whose fault is it?

Not mine. I don't care. I welcomed the training-slash-vacation, welcomed the temporart change in environment. I don't care. I'm getting paid to be here. In fact, I signed that damned contract. The we-send-you-to-America-you-our-bitch-forever contract. Oh snap.

Actually, forever translates into two years. And I'm still going to be 3 years from 30 by then. I'd say it's not a bad deal. I just hope I'm not in the same position I'm currently in now -- ass in the air.

Urly, looks like I've learned a few things from reading your blog.

See, the reason I'm ranting is that after all the time we've been here, we've only been utilized for the project for, oh, I'd say about 4 days. Out of 35. I can shoot a better percentage than that at basketball. Our short Tampa trip netted us about a couple of those days for training. While the rest are little patches of documentation, short meetings, crisis calls, and real issues, all of which we had to kinda put together by ourselves.

I kinda like challenges, so again, I don't care.
« Home | Next »

Comment by Blogger TheWriter 5:39 PM

Yeah, Don, we're young. Don't believe the people who say otherwise. We can afford to be bonded to a job for a couple of years. Don't settle down till you want to settle down. The key here is "you". Not her, not him, not them. You. What you want. What you need. What I want. What I need.    



Comment by Blogger TheWriter 5:40 PM

I meant, don't settle down unless you're really sure you want to. When in doubt, don't. Hehe... :-)    



Comment by Blogger Unknown 11:01 AM

count your blessings Don. i did, still am...:) just came from the u.s embassy this morning, and i guess, i'm just one of the lucky ones who can visit other countries for 'training-slash-vacation'. stop whining, chill and enjoy your stay there...    



Comment by Blogger vaN 10:17 PM

Hi kuya Don! :D

Do what you want, it's your right! ;)    



Comment by Blogger bleepster 6:34 PM

GRASS you say? yeah... ^_^ pass it on.    



Comment by Anonymous Anonymous 8:34 AM

it's better than not having any formal training at all. hah, i'm speaking for myself here. you're lucky you get to train there in the USA. must be a great experience.

oh yeah, where's the grass at now? pass it on!    



Comment by Blogger Anie Ordillo 7:20 PM

ahhh, that feeling? have some m&ms, it'll help you feel better. works for me all the time...    



Comment by Anonymous Anonymous 3:16 AM

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it » » »    



» Post a Comment