http://www.makepovertyhistory.org

Stories I Need To Tell

I have not written anything in two weeks, mostly because I've been too tired. Jetlag, lack of sleep, too much work, and every time I got the notion to write, I actually didn't want to.

Oh, the excuses I come up with when I'm too lazy to write.

So I'll just get right on to telling everything that has happened in the last two weeks.

March 27. My return flight to Manila. I had been bracing myself for the 16+hour flight back home. I tell you, subjecting people to sit in an airplane 37,000 feet in the air in economy class is as inhumane as the slave trade. Somebody should do a study of people sitting in first class and people sitting in coach, and be ho-hummed by the fact that none of the 1st class passengers get jetlagged. Why can't an entire international flight have better accomodations? Grumble mumble mumble. You know, I really like to travel, I just don't like sitting in airplanes for long periods.

March 29, 5:00 AM, PHT. Land! I can't help but get over the torture of a flight that was, because I am home again. I am far away from the killer cold of Northern America, and back to the hot and humid regions of Metro Manila. And how HOT it is! At 5 AM, I was expecting the air to be cooler, but of course I was wrong. I had a wet handkerchief after 5 minutes. I haven't worked up a sweat like that in 2 months. And that was just from walking out of the airplane down to the baggage claim area, a total of a hundred plus feet. Still I didn't care. I was on the ground and home. Nothing could beat the feeling. Nothing could ruin my day... except maybe someone stealing my luggage. And that thought drove me into a state of paranoia only privy to those who live out here. I got my bags as quickly as I could and left the terminal.

As soon as I stepped outside I place a phone call to Caren to let her know I was back. She had actually planned to surprise my by picking me up from the airport. So of course my happy day became happier, because she was the first person I got to see when I arrived.

March 30. Back to work. I couldn't believe it. We were supposed to have recovery leaves allocated so we can reset our messed up body clocks from all that travel accross different timezones. But it couldn't be helped. We were needed, so we had to respond. Unfortunately for me, all the "we" I was thinking about actually was just "me" reporting back to work. Lem had actually gone home to CdO. So there I was, all groggy and not-entirely-myself, working double shifts across the weekend and into the current week until he could come back. Even right now I feel I haven't fully recovered. I still can't sleep longer than 3 hours and not wake up.

And I almost forgot to mention, I got promoted. So the week didn't turn out as bad as it did.
« Home | Next »

Comment by Blogger Display Nameā„¢ 1:53 AM

congratulations mangs!!! =)    



Comment by Blogger bleepster 4:20 PM

yay! naa nasab ko reason nga mag palibre kung mag kita ta sa CDO. ha!    



Comment by Blogger TheWriter 9:41 AM

Congratulations, Don. Libre, libre, libre... :)

And welcome back.    



Comment by Blogger governor nathan 1:43 PM

Congratulations! I know you deserve it! Kampai!    



Comment by Blogger vaN 11:32 PM

the heat here is SCORCHING!

anyhoo,
congratulations kuya Don! :D

hav a happy weekeND! :d    



Comment by Anonymous Anonymous 12:15 PM

Congrats! :D    



» Post a Comment